Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Oven-Baked Chicken


Oven-Baked Chicken 

I wish I could say that I'm simply amazing at coming up with my own recipes.

I'm not.

However, I can follow a recipe like a champ.

I found this recipe within the first year of being married.  I can remember that because it's still on one of my very first recipe cards.  Back in the days of having only one child, no homeschooling yet, and a small house.

What did I do with all that extra time?

Well, this recipe for Oven Baked Chicken quickly convinced my husband to not give up on my cooking skills altogether and to hang in there.

He's still hanging and I'm still rewarding him for his valor and bravery by making this dinner.

Oven Baked Chicken

              Ingredients:

1        tablespoon butter or margarine
2/3
cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 1/2
teaspoons paprika
1 1/4
teaspoons salt
1/4
teaspoon pepper
1
cut-up whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 pounds) (I use drumsticks because a) I hate cutting up chicken and b) my kids like chicken with the handles.

Directions:
Heat oven to 425°F. 
Melt butter in rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, in oven.
Stir together Bisquick, paprika, salt and pepper; coat chicken. Place skin sides down in dish (dish and butter should be hot).
Bake 35 minutes; turn chicken. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.

**This is one of those recipes that a go-to for us because it's simple and it makes your house smell fantastic!  We usually have no left overs, just a pile of bones on a plate.  What mama doesn't love that gruesome sight?  Simple and delicious!  Win-win!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this. I have trouble cooking chicken that isn't dried out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...