Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fresh Peach Crisp



I know that it's not summer yet, but who cares?  This past summer, when the peaches were ripe and luscious and oh, so peachy, I froze some knowing that come February I would be so in love with myself if I did, just for this this recipe.

It's warm, it's cinnamon-y, it's awesome in it's own peachy awesomeness.  It's peach crisp.

I totally know you're drooling.

Ready?

Ingredients:

1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2-1 cup packed brown sugar (I always do 1 full cup)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, chilled and cubed
2 1/2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2-1 cup white sugar
1 T. cinnamon



Directions:

Combine oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.  Add butter and mix with a fork, blending the butter in until small clumps are formed.


Arrange peaches in a 9x9 baking dish.


Top with 1/2-1 cup white sugar.


Sprinkle crumb mixture over sugared peaches.


Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for forty minutes.

(sorry, bad lighting.  my kitchen is awful for lighting.)

Then you get to dig in!

*** Because my peaches were frozen, they held a ton of moisture.  Next time, I'll pat them with a paper towel first.  Also, make sure your butter is chilled.  It will hold the crumb mixture together better.  If it isn't mixing well with a fork or pastry blender, you can use my personal favorite utensil... your hands.

PS  This will smell so yummy as it's baking that you're sure to have some company in the kitchen, sniffing away, asking when it will be done.  Make sure you smile that nice smile of yours and say, "It will be done when it's done.  Now SCAT!"  Husbands and children are especially bad about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...