Friday, January 27, 2012

Garlic Hoagie Rolls

I've recently remembered an old love... my bread machine.  It's true love, I assure you.  Last week we were having French Dip sandwiches when I remembered this recipe I had tucked away and really, really, really wanted to share.

SUCCESS!!  The meat was so-so, but the hoagie rolls were so yummy.

Garlic Hoagie Rolls Recipe
(photo courtesy of Taste of Home)
 
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
  • 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 1 T. butter, softened
  • 1 T. minced chives
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. garlic salt
  • 3-1/4 cups bread flour
  • 3 t. active dry yeast


Directions

  • In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer (liquids always first, then dry, then yeast). Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
  • When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into nine pieces. Shape each into a 4-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. roll. Place 4 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 20-30 minutes.
  • Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Try to refrain from munching on them before dinner is own the table.  It's harder than you think.
Yield: 9 rolls.

Holy cow, these were so amazing!  I'm really loving using my bread machine right now because I don't have to spend extra on fancy-er breads.  And while I do love making my own bread from scratch, most days there is barely time to run to the potty let alone do anything extra in the meal prep.



What would you put on these?  I'm thinkin' you could do just about anything!  Let me know what you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...