Saturday, March 17, 2012

Minty Irish Chocolate Cream Pie

Top o' the evenin' to you!

Yes, it's still St. Patrick's Day for a few more hours (so technically it's St. Patrick's Night) so I thought I'd hop over here and share what we feasted on for dessert tonight.

May I present Minty Irish Chocolate Cream Pie?!

Oh my delicious goodness gracious.  This is chocolately, it's minty, it's so decadent!  In other words, it's scrumdidlyumptious.
 

(Ok, I really need a light box, right?  Honey...)

Ready to give 'er a whirl?

Ingredients:
  • 1 graham cracker crust
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1/3 cup cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 3/4 cup milk
  • 3 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup Cool Whip
  • 18 peppermint patties
  • green food coloring 

Directions:

  •  Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a medium sauce pan; gradually stir in milk.
  • Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until at a full rolling boil.  (This took a while on my stove.) Boil and stir 1 minute.  Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
  • Pour into crust; carefully press plastic wrap directly onto pie filling.  Cool; refrigerate 6 hours.  (Oh, yeah.  Six hours, baby.)
  • Shortly before serving, remove wrappers from patties (duh, right?).  Remove plastic wrap from pie (yup, duh again.).
  • Cut 9 patties in half; place cut side down at outer edge of pie filling forming a scalloped edge.
  • Finely chop remaining patties, fold into Cool Whip with green fool coloring. 
  • Spread on top of pie and serve immediately.
  • Refrigerate leftovers.
  •  
This is so good, but so rich, so be careful!  I am a pie lover and I can handle onle the smallest sliver of this one.  But oh, good golly is it ever worth it!

1 comment:

  1. My Granddaddy would have LOVED this!!! It sounds too sweet for me, but Mike might like it. I'll tuck it in my pocket..wink!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...