Friday, March 30, 2012

Three Pepper Pasta Salad

Ohmygoodness, ohmygoodness, ohmygoodness!  It's that time of year again!  The grass is growing, the birds are singing, flowers are blooming and dining al fresco mandates pasta salad.  Period.

I {heart} pasta salad.  You can find me standing at any bridal shower, baby shower, potluck, picnic or whatever gazing fondly at whatever pasta salad someone can come up with.  (If you see me with a glazed look in my eyes, just walk past and pretend you don't know me.  That's what every one else does.)

Yes, I'm a carb fiend.

But my absolute, positive, all-time favorite pasta salad is from a recipe I found pretty early on in our marriage.

Ready?  TA-DA! 


Oh, my mouth is watering!


Ingredients:

  • 12 oz. package tri-color rotini
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 3 T. red wine vinegar
  • 1 T. dried basil
  • 2 T. grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/4 t. pepper
  • 1 small red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 small green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 small orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 2 1/4 oz. can sliced black olives
  • 2 T. green onions, sliced
  • 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed
Directions:


  •   Cook pasta according to package directions.  You'll want to cook it the shortest amount of time recommended (al dente) to prevent the pasta getting soggy from the dressing.  Drain and rinse in cold water.
  • In a blender (or mini-food processor like I use), process oil, vinegar, basil, parmesan, salt and pepper until smooth.
  • In a large serving bowl, combine pasta with peppers, olives, green onions and dressing.  Toss to coat.  Mix in mozzarella.
  • Best consumed eating outside with children running about and a baby staring at passing jets, helicopters, birds or swaying tree branches.



Golly, it really is a wonderful life!

Linking up to Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies.

PeppersTuesdaysTastyTidbits-1_thumb_

1 comment:

  1. Looks & sounds delish! I like the tri-color pasta for salads! Stopping by from Permanent Posies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...