Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hamburger Buns in the Bread Machine

Ack!  It's been so long since I've been over here!  I kept thinking that it would slow down after Christmas.  I should have known better.  Life is never slow when you have five kids running around.  

I promise I'll do better, though.  {I think}

Even though we haven't been around here much lately, that doesn't mean we haven't been busy in the kitchen because we have!  I have a ton of new recipes to show y'all, but time just keeps slipping away.

But I've got one quick one for ya today:

Hamburger Buns in the Bread Machine!  I found this recipe over at New Nostalgia when I googled "hamburger buns in the bread machine".

Oh, my goodness!  These were so easy and incredibly yummy.  One of my kids wanted to forego the actual hamburger and just eat the bun.  Plus, no preservatives in them, so that's always a plus in my book!

Ingredients:

1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 T. honey
1 egg, room temperature
4 1/2 cups flour (I used a mixture of bread flour and unbleached all purpose)
2 1/4 t. yeast
1 1/4 t. salt

Directions:

-Pour milk, water, melted butter and honey into a glass bowl. Microwave until warm, just to take the chill off.  Add the egg.
-Pour into bread machine.  Add flour on top of wet ingredients.  Make a little well in flour, then add yeast and salt.  Set machine to dough cycle.
-When finished, take dough out, knead for a few turns, then divide into 12 balls.  Roll into balls, place onto greased cookie sheet (I used Stoneware, so I didn't need to grease it).  Flatten tops a bit, cover with a cloth and let rise about 30 minutes or until doubled.
-Bake at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.

These were so quick and easy and terribly, terribly yummy.  We will definitely be making these again!

So, until next time (which will be soon, I hope), bon apetit and may you have many smooches in the kitchen.

Linking up to Permenant Posies' Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Nostalgia/271820116315
    A thank you for sharing my recipe at New Nostalgia Facebook Page. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...